BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Dream House

Huntie and Michael made me a house out of blocks tonight - one that flies, complete with bowling alley, swimming pool and TWO "custodians." It's totally my dream house. Check out the grand tour, conducted by the master architects themselves:


Michael quickly discovered grandpa was quite a pro at stacking blocks. Quite a pro indeed.

I think this night, with grandpa reading to Huntie (just like I remember him reading to me and my brothers and sisters) ignited Huntie's hunger for reading. Huntie is like Kevin and can devour a book in just hours. But before this trip to Austin she didn't have much interest in reading to herself. This visit, her grandpa took the time to read chapter books to her and whet her appetite and imagination. She reads like there's no tomorrow now. It's a gift she got from her father, and thanks to her grandpa she's learned to enjoy it. I love it!

0 comments: