BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 1, 2008

Kevin at the Triathlon

Kevin ran the Austin Triathlon WHILE hurricane Gustav made a direct hit on Houma, LA. He must have directed all his frustration and angst towards the race because he blew his time goal out of the water by about 30 minutes. That race, at that time, was quite an amazing place to be. I'm so inspired when I watch Kevin's races.



The night before the race, my mom, my dad, Arien, John and I stayed up late making KMV shirts to surprise Kevin at his race. My mom and John designed a logo using Kevin's initials and styling the M like the Ironman logo. My mom bought enough shirts for 6 adults and 7 kids to wear during Kev's race. We worked into the late hours stenciling away. Kevin was so touched - first that so many of his family were there to cheer him on, and secondly that we were wearing the coolest shirts ever that praised his name. We got tons of compliments on the shirts and lots of people asked us which race we ran to earn them. Too bad for them they are limited edition for our exclusive fan club.

1 comments:

Elise said...

Congrats to Kevin!! That's awesome!! So good to see what's going on in your lives Em- and your darling famiy!!! Hope things are getting better after all these hurricanes...Take care!