BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Big Girl Elle!!

Happy Birthday Elle! My baby girl is 3! She is growing up so fast! She's just short of 40 inches tall and speaks to everyone, about everything, all the time - unless she's decided she's "shy" momentarily. She LOVES her dance class. She started tap and ballet class last month and wishes she could go everyday. She also started a once a week Child's Day Out program, that she loves most days. She is certainly proud to carry her own Dora lunch box into school and hang it on her hook labelled "Elle."

Elle is a dedicated dresser-upper starting each day with a carefully picked dress-up gown and shoes - the shoes being the most important element of the outfit. (So much like her daddy, about the shoes, not the dressing up, lol) Her favorite dress is a little unconventional: her Dora night gown. You can see it in the "Huntie Cafe" post.

YEAH! The newest Grandma dollie! My mom made this amazing little doll from her late mother's bathrobe. She's been making one for each of her grandchildren's birthdays this year. Here is Ellie's! So beautiful! She gushes pink and lacy and ruffly and girly, complete with jeweled slippers and crown. PERFECT to represent Elle. And as you can see, Elle approves.





In true Adams fashion, I decorated Ellie's bed with streamers so she would be celebrated the moment she woke up. So fun! I'm pretty sure Michael and Huntie were more excited about it than Elle. Oh well, she'll get the hang of it eventually. LOL.



We had birthday cake at grammy and papa's house on Sunday with daddy before he left for Norway. I made a doll cake, like my mommy used to make for me. SO fun! I really had a blast decorating that cake. I hope Michael likes doll cakes because I will be making them from now on, lol. Nah, I'll leave the rest of the cake making to grammy.


Elle was clearly pleased. *success*




This is what happens when you layer pink strawberry cake batter, then funfetti cake batter, then strawberry cake batter in a glass bowl. Looks SOOOoo cool!! Not to mention yummy.

1 comments:

leslie said...

Are you for hire?